Monday, August 15, 2011

Ugly Family Room Make Over

My family room was so dark, paneling, cabinets, I hated it.  Way too expensive to have everything just torn out and start over from scratch, so, I made some decisions.  FLOOR, with kids, dogs, grandchildren, and the pool being a few feet away, carpeting was not the answer, ceramic tile-a consideration, but the hubby wanted hardwood floors, and I'm so glad we got them....They are stunning. 

I cleaned, sanded, primed, sanded all the cabinets, took off the hardware, taped off, painted, etc.  Countless hours and late nights.  But finally, it all came together.  I love the family room now.  It is an amazing place to hang out and look outside to the pool and garden.














These are the before and after photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment